Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Frustrated

I'm sure you're all tired of hearing my pity party (trust me, I'm even tired of hearing it) but I am really at a loss. When we left the hospital I felt confident...I felt that I had a grasp on Isabel's situation. But now I can't even put into words what I am feeling. I had to watch my baby girl suffer through another seizure last night. This one was in the bathroom and came on very suddenly. Her face turned an awful shade of grey, her lips turned blue and then she fell. Her eyes rolled back in her head and she became unresponsive. She was out for about a minute and when she finally came to she fell right to sleep in my arms. I was at home alone and just sat on the bathroom floor holding her for quite sometime. I called her neurologists office and was very nonchalantly told to up the dosage of her medication...and that was it. I spent the rest of the night staring at her, waiting for the next seizure, which thankfully never came.
This morning I woke her up for school and Izzy was not herself...it's almost like she's not with us at all. No smiles, no excitement...nothing. We dropped her off at school and I left a message for her neurologists office to call me back when they opened as Izzy was not acting like she should. The nurse called back and told me that Isabel's doctor is out of town and that she will leave a note on his desk, if he feels it's urgent enough, he will call me back...and if I don't think she is acting like herself to go to the ER and the on-call doctor will take a look at her. EXCUSE ME? All I want is some answers, I want someone to sit down with me and help me sort through this and to answer my questions. I want to know what's going on with my baby and I really don't think that's too much to ask.
I know that it is going to take time to get her medication regulated, I get that but I sincerely hope that I don't have to wait until May 24th to talk to a doctor...that I think is absurd.

No comments:

Post a Comment