Thursday, October 20, 2011

Discrimination?

Isabel has been in the same daycare since she was twelve weeks old. The majority of the teachers there she knows and loves. Although the room she is in now I am less than happy with. I won't get into the details but lets just say that I did not want her in it for another 9+ months. We started looking for a new center for her a few months back and found one that we really loved. A spot finally opened this week and we jumped at the chance to get her in. I had spoke with someone from the center over the phone earlier this month about Isabel's epilepsy and they seemed like it was just fine. When I went in yesterday to pay her registration fee they acted as if I had never told them about it. They said that they would set up a meeting with her teachers and myself before she started so that they would feel comfortable, I thought all was well so I gave her old daycare center the one week notice. Today I get a call saying that they will NOT take Isabel unless we hire and pay for a full time nurse to stay with her. Excuse me?! If I had the money to hire a full time nurse I would be able to stay home and hence not need your stinking daycare. I told then that Isabel is fully functioning and does not require and addidional help unless she has a seizure. I would provide instructions on what to do if that happens and everyone in that building is CRP certified. Im mad to say the least...so mad for my little girl. I wanted to reach through the phone and grab the lady on the other ends shoulders and shake her and be like, "Do you know how long we have waited for this, you said she was fine? She is not severely disabled as you called her!!" You can bet that this is not the last time that they hear from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment