Thursday, September 1, 2011

Isabel vs the Sprinkle Capsule

I don't know who's idea it was to give a one year old a capsule full of beads to take three times a day...Isabel is a smart cookie. She knows when you are trying to sneak medicine in even when it is disguised in her favorite food. We have tried mixing it with applesauce, yogurt, ice cream and frozen yogurt, to no avail. We eventually get it in her after a long and tedious fight. She ends up smacking our hand away from her mouth which in turn sends the spoon flying and the said food and medicine all over the floor/couch/bed etc etc. We have tried mixing the beads with juice to try to get them to dissolve so that we could put the medicine in a syringe, but just our luck, the beads do NOT dissolve (I'm assuming they are time realeased). Does anyone out there have any tips for me before me house becomes covered in dairy products?
In other news Isabel started speech therapy this past Monday and she seems to absolutely love it! The therapist has diagnosed her with dyspraxia and aphasia but is hopeful that with therapy and time she will be "just like all of the other kids." She has been waking up shaking very badly the past week or so and we are hoping that this is not a sign of an impending seizure. I have a few videos that I would like to post but have not yet figured out how to do so.
I'll leave you with a picture of Isabel and I...she is just too sweet. I can't get enough of her hugs and kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment